Klishi Mushroom & Rotini Pasta
Klishi Mushroom & Rotini Pasta
If there is one recipe I would qualify as pure fruit of one's imagination, it will be this one. Its simplicity and extraordinary taste are the result of a culinary journey sparked by a simple question: what happens when Klishi meets garlic pasta?
Sitting in the cozy kitchen with my trusted cooking partner (aka my wonderful mom), we embarked on a delightful tasting journey with two versions of garlic pasta. To our surprise, both were incredibly delicious but in their unique ways! Our taste buds were dancing, leaving us happily baffled.
Excited by our kitchen experiment, we decided to take our pasta creations to the local farmers' market. The reaction from our fellow food enthusiasts sampling our dish was beyond our wildest dreams! Their enthusiastic response was an amazing confidence boost for us.
The joy of discovering these flavors and sharing them with others has been an absolute blast. Join in the fun and savor this dish that has brought us so much delight and excitement!
At a serving size of 465 grams, our Klishi Mushroom & Rotini Pasta offers an energy-packed punch of approximately 401 calories. This satisfying portion provides a balance of savory umami notes from the Klishi mushrooms intertwined with the comforting chewiness of perfectly cooked Rotini pasta.
This recipe for garlic pasta offers a wealth of nourishing benefits due to its nutrient-rich ingredients. Here's a breakdown of the significant nutrients found in this dish:
Carbohydrates and Fiber
Rotini Pasta furnishes carbohydrates for energy. Moreover, the whole grain pasta variation potentially adds dietary fiber which helps foster digestive health and promote satiety.
Protein from Cremini Musshrooms
Cremini Mushrooms contribute a moderate amount of protein to this recipe. While not the primary protein source, they do contribute to muscle maintenance and various physiological processes.
Vitamins, Minerals, and Antioxidants
Cremini mushrooms offer B vitamins (riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid), potassium, and selenium. Ground garlic supplies Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, manganese, and selenium. They are all beneficial for energy production and immune health.
Healthy Fats from Coconut Virgin Oil
The addition of Coconut Virgin Oil introduces Medium-chain Triglycerides (MCTs)). These MCTs are believed to support satiety and may aid in weight management due to their unique metabolic properties.
1 pound of Cremini Mushroom
1-2 teaspoon of Klishi Mild
1 tablespoon of coconut Virgin Oil
1 tablespoon of ground garlic
1 Pound of Rotini pasta
- Chop Cremini Mushrooms.
- Boil Rotini Pasta until cooked. Set aside.
- Sauté ground garlic with coconut Virgin Oil
- Add chopped Cremini Mushrooms to the pan.
- Add Rotini Pasta into the pan. Pour Klishi Mild, and salt to taste. Mix well until evenly cooked.
- Place in a separate bowl and serve.
Healthy Preparation Pointers
- Tip #1. Opt for a light spray or a small amount of coconut oil to sauté the mushrooms and garlic. This helps control the fat content while still enhancing flavors.
- Tip #2. Choose whole grain or whole wheat Rotini pasta for added fiber.
- Tip #3. Load up on mushrooms to amplify the nutrient content.
- Tip #4. Boost flavor with Klishi spices instead of excessive salt or high-calorie additives. Enhance taste without compromising on health.
- Tip #5. Incorporate a variety of colorful vegetables like bell peppers, spinach, or broccoli to increase vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.